Double exposure is a combination of two separate and different photographs in one frame to create a unique photo. Taking double exposures means overlaying or superimposing two exposures in one frame.
Don't miss the video tutorial at the end
APP Name : PICSART
Steps to create double exposure photograph
Open picsart app. Click on EDIT
Add an image you want the double exposure effect on
Click on Add photo and choose your second image
Enlarge the image to fit the first photo or as per your preference
You can now change (decrease) the opacity, to make it easy for erasing the brushing the unwanted area.
Choose the eraser from the top of the image (next to + sign)
The selection will appear in red, you may now start erasing the unwanted area
You may also use the brush to bring back the image which you have erased. Again adjust the opacity as per your preference.
Select the blend option and choose from any of the available options like screen, overlay darken, lighten etc to add a cool blend option and your double exposure is ready .
Save the image and it will help you get lots of likes on your photos
Another example below using picsart online photo editor app
- Download PicsArt photo editor and collage maker for iOS, Android, or Windows.
- Open the portrait in the photo editor. Tap on Effects, select the B&W photo effect and confirm.
- Tap on the Add Photo icon and choose your city photo. Tap on the Blend option and select Lighten. Rotate and place the photo.
- Tap on the eraser icon at the top of the screen and erase the parts of the city photo you don’t need. Confirm.
- Tap on the plus sign and select “Photo.” Select the same city image.
- Use the Shape Crop Tool to create a circular crop. Set the border to zero and tap on the heart icon to save it as a sticker. Tap on “Crop.”
- Go to Effects, Artistic, select the Polygon photo effect and confirm. Place the crop over the sunglasses.
- Tap on the plus sign and select “Sticker.” Add the sticker you just created and place it on the other eye of the sunglasses. Erase the edges and confirm.
- Go to Effects, then Artistic, and choose the Oil Painting photo effect. Tap on the Oil Painting icon to open the settings panel, and use the Amount slider to make the photo effect more subtle.
- Tap on “Apply,” save your double exposure portrait and share it to PicsArt with the hashtag #DoubleExposure!
1. Try and use portrait photography mixed with landscape
2. Use black and white photographs to get more desirable effect and smoothness